- Feeling stressed and burned out (49%)
- Staying healthy (40%)
- Day-to-day financial struggles/lack of savings (35%)
- Fear and safety concerns due to COVID-19 (26%)
- Bonus pay for working difficult shifts (44%)
- Rewards & recognition program for contributions at work (29%)
- More flexible work schedule (25%)
- If you are an employee or manager, set aside time to give your caregivers feedback or reviews. Set clear goals and expectations, as well as telling them all the positive things they are doing in their role. Make sure to tell them you appreciate them for all of their hard work and give specific examples. This sounds so simple, but is something that can often get pushed to the backburner when leadership is busy.
- If you have the flexibility in your finances to give bonuses, or increase pay, do it. Remember, 35% of those surveyed said their biggest struggle was financial. Increasing pay shows appreciation for your employees and lets them know they are valuable to the company.
- If you can’t afford to increase pay, consider other incentives like more paid time off or flexible work schedules.
And if you want to fix your turnover and get high quality applicants, partner with SeniorVu’s applicant management services. You’ll never have to turn people away because you don’t have the staff.
Interviews are scheduled for you either via phone or in person. Then, SeniorVu will provide the marketing automation, analytics and recordings so you know you are making the right hire.
SeniorVu will connect your community with the best applicants before they are found by another senior living community. We promise to connect every job applicant with your community within the hour.
Ready to find the right hire? Fix your turnover problem and start today.