- Individuals 65 and older in long-term care settings
- Individuals 18-64 with underlying medical conditions
- Individuals 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional settings
CDC Director Dr. Walensky said, “I believe we can best serve the nation’s public health needs by providing booster doses for the elderly, those in long-term care facilities, people with underlying medical conditions, and for adults at high risk of disease from occupational and institutional exposures to COVID-19. This aligns with the FDA’s booster authorization and makes these groups eligible for a booster shot. Today, ACIP only reviewed data for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. We will address, with the same sense of urgency, recommendations for the Moderna and J&J vaccines as soon as those data are available.”
- Consider adding messaging to your community encouraging the booster shot.
- Remind your team of the safety measures your community has put in place for caregivers and update them on the new CDC guidelines.
- Keep your community Covid free – families are looking for a safe place to go. Make sure your sales and marketing team is equipped with your community’s current vaccination rates.