As a community salesperson, how many times have you picked up your phone with an adult child on the other end to hear their parent’s story, their personal worry and their cry for help? When you hang up, you’re likely left with pages of cryptic notes. Wouldn’t it be nice to not only record the conversation but have that conversation analyzed to optimize sales? It may sound like something expensive, complicated, and futuristic but it’s not. It’s technology that is available right now and is used by hundreds of SeniorVu communities.
SeniorVu, from its earliest days, has used VA technologies to capture and transcribe recorded interactions between our Family Advocates and the families they talk with. The recordings are used in several ways. Sometimes it’s an educational tool for our advocates used for quality assurance, branding and empathy training. We all learn better when we review our own work, right? It’s also a great way for our clients to quickly hear that initial conversation so they don’t have to ask a family to tell their story over and over again. One of the most valuable uses for VA is how the data can be used to accelerate a prospect to move-in.
Voice analytics combines voice-analysis (VA) and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to identify and apply weighting to industry specific terms and to more general words and phrases collected from recorded conversations between our Family Advocate Managers and our clients’ prospects. These words or phrases are matched to related positive outcomes along the SeniorVu call flow continuum and matched to other customer traits and statuses. The data is then added to the SeniorVu platform where communities can review information about their prospects such as where the prospect is currently in the sales journey, any objections they may need to overcome, specific desires, specific obstacles and so on.
How does it work?
Data from sales conversation transcriptions are initially checked for accuracy and transferred to a sales database where reps and sales managers can skim the data looking for trends. But it’s too much information for humans to process or scan to look for pertinent information.
We’ve automated the tedious and unreliable human scanning process and added a complex analytical engine that parses individual words and specific phrases looking for associations between each term and things like potential positive outcomes like openness to scheduling a follow up call, long term care needs, or a facility tour.
We’ve also added a notification function, so when something important occurs a salesperson has time to take advantage of positive things or intervene when something overtly negative or positive happens. Flagging and tagging happen automatically and can trigger notifications based on pre-programmed anomalies or when specific words or phrases are found in conversations.
- Voice analytics listens for things like . . .
- Empathetic behavior on calls
- Seeking understanding behaviors during calls
- Cross talk (representatives or potentials talking over each other)
- Representatives stumbling to find answers
- Consumer status in process versus manual entry into sales
- Much more.
SeniorVu Voice Analytics Go Beyond Standard Solutions
Many voice analysis and artificial intelligence applications deliver more or less the same solution, but usually at a much less detailed level and only using general terms and phrases rather than industry or domain-specific identifiers. SeniorVu’s goes far beyond industry-standard VA and AI in three ways:
Increased data accuracy – SeniorVu developers actively train the software to recognize new terms and correct inaccuracies in transcriptions.
Industry-specific matching – SeniorVu fine-tunes its parsing algorithm to include industry key words and phrases within the senior living and human resources domains. Off-the-shelf VA and AI solutions lack industry-specific term and phrase matching are not actively trained, and do not adjust to regional terminology and other subtle differences.
Integration within the SeniorVu Journey Builder solution – In the future, SeniorVu plans to adopt additional technologies within its “Journey Builder” solution to extend its marketing automation solutions by delivering targeted marketing content based on the words or phrases repeated in those family conversations.
What about privacy and security concerns?
At the beginning of all calls, our Family Advocate Managers include a general “this call may be recorded” statement that covers most privacy concerns. SeniorVu maintains the very latest in security practices.
Looking Forward: Leveraging Big Data
SeniorVu is adapting its voice analytics solution to:
- Provide a score card for sales training that can grade the quality of each call and ensure our representatives
- Detect and record the sales status of prospects in the client’s CRM
- Detect and capitalize on trends based on what people ask for, (i.e. what do people say who want a tour versus those who don’t)
- “Flag and tag” just about anything, but specifically . . .
- Prospects who are eager to tour and move in
- Specific needs and desires of prospects and their family members
- Calls that may turn negative or callers who have complaints and problems
- Other items specific to our client’s needs
- SeniorVu plans to extend their VA to help recruit CNAs and other medical professionals, do intake and interview scheduling, track conversations and continue to learn the links between what is said in a conversation and what becomes a move-in.